Hello wonderful big data developers and enthusiasts. We are happy to announce our first Workshop (Part I) for 2018, which will take place at Saturday March 17 at headquarters of Microsoft Hellas, Marousi. We organize this workshop in partnership with Microsoft Hellas. This time our agenda will be about streaming processing in the context of Big Data. This is an event you don’t want to miss! More about the event bellow.
1) Big data/streaming data processing.
Intro about streaming data, business case introduction. Definition of Lambda architecture for data processing. Creation of client(s) throwing data at high speed.
2) Real-Time data ingress
Data ingress handling. Setting up Real-Time Integration with Kafka.
3) Streaming data processing
Processing data using Apache Spark structured Streaming. ETL, Windowing, etc.
Instructor: Jan Pospisil
Come to see how you can leverage on advanced data processing using advanced analytics tools like Spark, Kafka, Data Lake, Hadoop, Data Factory and others. We will walk you through real life like project and how to build solution using platform services on Azure. My passions are IoT gadgets, IoT solutions, Big Data, Machine Learning, Cognitive Services, New Technologies (even bleeding edge), e-commerce, robotics, automation, coding, …
Sr. Technology Evangelist @ Microsoft, SW a solution Architect, Developer, IoT & DIY Geek, Father, Husband, technocrat, …
• Important to know
There is limited availability of 25 seats (only the first 25 valid registrations will be accepted). Please fill the next registration form. A confirmation request message will be sent to first 25 registered members, that they have to reply back in order to be confirmed.
• SW requirements:
– Modern WEB browser
– Visual Studio Code or any similar IDE
– Python environment
– .NET core environment
– Azure subscription (You can use Azure Pass provided by Microsoft)
– RDP client
• What to bring:
– This is Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) event, so do not forget your device!
– Basic knowledge of programming
– Basic knowledge of Spark, Hadoop, Kafka and Azure.
– You need to setup the environment in order to attend. Instructions will be provided.
• Environment setup
– Instructions for Environment Setup & Configuration : (details will be provided soon)
10:00 – 10:10 Welcome speech
10:10 – 11:20 Session 1
11:20 – 11:30 Coffee Break
11:30 – 12:40 Session 2
12:40 – 12:50 Coffee Break
13.00 – 14.00 Session 3
14.00 – 14.30 Pizza Time